Share on Social
Essential Oils 101 ebook
Want to learn about essential oils and how to get started? Grab this free basic PDF.
Dairy Free, Gluten Free Eggnog
**Read all the way to the end to get entered in a Christmas Giveaway!** Since going dairy and gluten-free, one of the things I have...
SANTA FE CHICKEN SALAD
- 5 5 oz skinless, boneless chicken breast
- 4 cups mixed greens
- .5 cup canned sweetcorn
- .5 diced red onion (chopped)
- 1 cup baby tomatoes (chopped)
- .5 cup dates (chopped)
- 2 limes
- 1 avocado
Chicken Spice Rub
- 3/4 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp powdered garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp powdered onion powder
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp ground allspice
- 1/8 tsp salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tsp honey or agave
- 1 garlic clove (crushed)
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander leaf
- pinch Salt & Pepper
- Preheat the BBQ grill.
- Mix the chicken rub spices together in a small bowl. Rub on both sides of the chicken breasts with a spoon or with your hands.
- Place the chicken on the grill for 5-8 minutes on each side. The chicken is done when the internal temperature reaches 165°F (75°C).
- While the chicken is cooking put 2 cups of greens into two separate bowls. Chop the onion, dates and baby tomatoes and divide equally into each bowl. Drain and rinse the sweetcorn from the can and measure out ¼ cup for each bowl.
- Slice the avocado in half, remove the pit, peel off skin and slice. Cut the lime in ½ and squeeze the juice onto the avocados to stop them from browning.
- To make the dressing, finely chop the coriander and garlic. Juice the limes to measure out ⅛ of a cup. Mix the oil, lime juice, garlic, coriander and honey, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Slice the cooked chicken and place on top of the salad. Pour the dressing over the two bowls. Serve immediately with an extra lime wedge and some fresh coriander.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: dinner, lunch, Salad
Making pancakes healthy and fun!
Next Sunday morning try out these healthy and fun natural color pancakes. So easy! Print
- 1 3/4 cups Almond Milk (or any milk of your choice)
- 1 egg
- 1 ripe banana, coarsely chopped
- 3 oz spinach
- 2 cups self-rising flour (I used Namaste)
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup coconut yogurt to serve
- 1 cup seasonal fruit, to serve
- Place the milk, egg, banana and spinach into a blender and blitz until smooth.
- Combine the flour, sugar and baking soda in a large bowl. Make a well in the centre, and add the smoothie mixture. Whisk until well combined and a smooth batter has formed. Cover and set aside for 30 minutes to rest.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium-low heat and brush it with a little coconut oil. Pour ¼ cup (60ml) of the batter into the pan, and cook for 1-2 minutes or until bubbles appear on the surface. Then flip the pancake and cook for a further 1 minute on the other side, or until lightly coloured. Repeat this process with the remaining batter to make 16 pancakes.
- Divide the pancakes among the serving plates (4 per serving). Top with yogurt and fruit to serve.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Calories: 398
- Fat: 4
- Carbohydrates: 86
- Fiber: 14
- Protein: 7