Woohoo the 2015 Gluten Free & Allergen Friendly Expo is almost here! Last year was the second year that I attend this awesome event. It’s basically a candy land for someone like me. Just about every booth there had “Jen Safe” food. I enjoyed so many yummy items and I can’t wait to go again! It also grew by about twice in size since the first year I went. Excited to see if this year is going to be even bigger!
My tip: come hungry! There were so many samples to try that my sister and I didn’t have to stop for lunch. There was everything there from pizza to snacks to desserts. Also be sure to take photos or write down the names of all the good ones. I know I forgot the names of a few of my favorites from last year.
This year again I am honored to be one of the official bloggers for the event! I’m so excited (can you tell)! AND I get to give out some FREE one-day passes!!! How cool is that!
Why would you want to go? Check out this partial haul I got from last year (and this is only what I gave away). It’s such a wonderful way to discover new safe foods! It’s also a great way to test out new items that aren’t in stores yet.
Gluten and Allergen Friendly Expo FREE Passes
Enter the giveaway below for your chance to win a FREE one-day pass to the Chicago Show. There will be 3 winners, each win a one-day pass. I will also have another Flash giveaway on my Facebook Page soon! Note this is just for admission to the Expo and no travel is included.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Want to make sure you get a ticket?
Use the code ADVANCE for 20% off through 5/1.
Purchase here –> http://bit.ly/1xG0Fe9
Get FREE samples, coupons & discounts from 100+ brands, FREE classes, a FREE goodie bag & a FREE 1-year subscription to Delight Gluten Free Magazine w/ advance online ticket purchase.
Share on Social
Grab your Free Gluten Free Recipe Pack
Discover 45 easy, healthy, and tasty recipes, including breakfast, lunch, dinner, treats and smoothies!
Tandoori Bowl – Quick and Easy Weeknight recipe
Dairy Free, Gluten Free Eggnog
SANTA FE CHICKEN SALAD
- 5 5 oz skinless, boneless chicken breast
- 4 cups mixed greens
- .5 cup canned sweetcorn
- .5 diced red onion (chopped)
- 1 cup baby tomatoes (chopped)
- .5 cup dates (chopped)
- 2 limes
- 1 avocado
Chicken Spice Rub
- 3/4 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp powdered garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp powdered onion powder
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp ground allspice
- 1/8 tsp salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tsp honey or agave
- 1 garlic clove (crushed)
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander leaf
- pinch Salt & Pepper
- Preheat the BBQ grill.
- Mix the chicken rub spices together in a small bowl. Rub on both sides of the chicken breasts with a spoon or with your hands.
- Place the chicken on the grill for 5-8 minutes on each side. The chicken is done when the internal temperature reaches 165°F (75°C).
- While the chicken is cooking put 2 cups of greens into two separate bowls. Chop the onion, dates and baby tomatoes and divide equally into each bowl. Drain and rinse the sweetcorn from the can and measure out ¼ cup for each bowl.
- Slice the avocado in half, remove the pit, peel off skin and slice. Cut the lime in ½ and squeeze the juice onto the avocados to stop them from browning.
- To make the dressing, finely chop the coriander and garlic. Juice the limes to measure out ⅛ of a cup. Mix the oil, lime juice, garlic, coriander and honey, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Slice the cooked chicken and place on top of the salad. Pour the dressing over the two bowls. Serve immediately with an extra lime wedge and some fresh coriander.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: dinner, lunch, Salad