These tasty low-carb breakfast muffins are the perfect make-ahead meal for those busy mornings when you don’t have 5 minutes to spare. Just whip up a quick batch or two to freeze over the weekend and you’ll have a hearty, satisfying breakfast that you can just grab, defrost, and go!
Make Ahead Egg Muffins
- two 12-cup muffin tins
- 12 oz Spicy Pork Sausage
- 12 large Eggs
- 4 oz Portobello Mushrooms cleanedand chopped
- 3 large green onions thinlysliced, green portion only
- 8 oz fourcheese Mexican blend finelyshredded, divided
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheatoven to 350˚F.
- Crumble sausage into bite-sized pieces into a large skillet. Cook the sausage over medium heat until it is no longer pink, approximately 5-7 minutes. Remove from heat and carefully drain excess fat.
- Spray both muffin tins thoroughly with non-stick cooking spray and scoop ¼ cup of eggmixture into opening. (Batch yields approximately 16 muffins). When finished,top each cup with equal amounts of the remaining Mexican-blend cheese.
- Place muffin tins in pre-heated oven and bake for 20–25 minutes or until eggs are set. Remove from oven and cool slightly before removing from pan. Serve immediately or place in freezer-safe container to freeze for later use. Enjoy!
Share on Social
Essential Oils 101 ebook
Want to learn about essential oils and how to get started? Grab this free basic PDF.