These tasty low-carb breakfast muffins are the perfect make-ahead meal for those busy mornings when you don’t have 5 minutes to spare. Just whip up a quick batch or two to freeze over the weekend and you’ll have a hearty, satisfying breakfast that you can just grab, defrost, and go!
Make Ahead Egg Muffins
- two 12-cup muffin tins
- 12 oz Spicy Pork Sausage
- 12 large Eggs
- 4 oz Portobello Mushrooms cleanedand chopped
- 3 large green onions thinlysliced, green portion only
- 8 oz fourcheese Mexican blend finelyshredded, divided
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Preheatoven to 350˚F.
- Crumble sausage into bite-sized pieces into a large skillet. Cook the sausage over medium heat until it is no longer pink, approximately 5-7 minutes. Remove from heat and carefully drain excess fat.
- Spray both muffin tins thoroughly with non-stick cooking spray and scoop ¼ cup of eggmixture into opening. (Batch yields approximately 16 muffins). When finished,top each cup with equal amounts of the remaining Mexican-blend cheese.
- Place muffin tins in pre-heated oven and bake for 20–25 minutes or until eggs are set. Remove from oven and cool slightly before removing from pan. Serve immediately or place in freezer-safe container to freeze for later use. Enjoy!
Share on Social
How Toxic is your home?
Grab this free worksheet and see your score