You may have noticed I haven’t been posting as often as usual and well that’s because It’s officially camping season!
We have been spending a few weekends camping with friends and family. I’m always looking for new recipes to make while camping and I came across a bunch of recipes using a dutch oven. I found this inexpensive one that I purchased on amazon.
The first thing I had to do was season it, which was very stinky!! If you need instructions on how to season a cast iron dutch oven head over to this wiki page.
- 2 1/2 cup 8 Ounces Pasta (I used Gluten Free)
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- 1 Small Onion; Chopped.
- 1 Clove Garlic; Minced.
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin
- 1 Package Taco Seasoning (I used Wildtree)
- 2 3/4 cup Water
- 1 Can (6 Ounces Tomato Paste)
- 1 Can (4 Ounces Green Chilies; Diced.)
- 1/2 Green Bell Pepper; Chopped.
- Cheddar Cheese; Shredded.
- Black Pepper
- Cook macaroni, drain and set aside while browning ground beef with onion, garlic and bell pepper.
- Add taco seasoning, tomato paste, water, cumin and green chilies; mix well until tomato paste is combined. *Ideally this can be done before you leave for the trip.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in pasta.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes over fire
- Sprinkle with cheese the last few minutes of baking.
Now in hind sight, I could have made the pasta and beef before we left and then just tossed it all together. But it wasn’t too hard to do these steps in the camper
Below is the finished dish. It was so delicious! My family ate the entire pot, even both kids really liked it.
Share on Social
Essential Oils 101 ebook
Want to learn about essential oils and how to get started? Grab this free basic PDF.
Sweet Potato Chicken Pesto Pizza
Creamy Broccoli Salad with Bacon
Dairy Free, Gluten Free Eggnog
Vanilla Peach Muffins
- 1 medium peach (chopped)
- 1 1/2 cups 140g ground almonds
- 2 1/2 tbsp. coconut flour
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 eggs ( beaten)
- 4 tbsp. honey
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil (melted)
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a muffin tin with paper muffin liners or use silicone muffin cases.
- In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients, and in a separate bowl, mix together the wet ingredients.
- Fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix with a spatula until well combined. Add in the chopped peach and mix again.
- Evenly distribute the mixture between the 12 muffin cases. Place in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes until golden and an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove the muffins from the oven and place on a wire cooling rack for 10 minutes before removing from the liner.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Fat: 10
- Carbohydrates: 10
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 4