I started with Young Living Essential Oils about 3 years ago and having been loving the products (oils and supplements)! I started actively teaching and selling about 6 months ago and decided to go to conference this year. Best decision ever! There was so much excitement, energy and learning. I was only able to go 2 out of the 4 days so I tried to cram in as much as I could.
The first day I was with my team at the Lavender Farm. It’s located right in the middle of some mountians and the scenery was amazing. Young Living is so open about their seed to seal processes so we were able to see the process of how they make the oils. We learned how the plant material was harvested and distilled. We also learned about the many many tests they do and redo on the oils to be sure they are the purest they can be.
We even got to plant some lavender!
On the farm there is also a jousting performance. Below is a photo of the founder Gary Young on his horse.
My second day there was learning about some of the new products that were coming out. They have a brand new make-up line that is being released!! Are you ready for this… it’s ALL Gluten free!!! Yes that is correct gluten free makeup! I’ve been struggling to find good make up products that are natural and gluten free and am so excited to see them now carrying these items. I was able to try all and purchase some. The colors are beautiful and the make-up really lasts. This is also just the beginning, they have already hinted to more colors coming soon.
They also have come out with a new baby item line and some great new summer products. This company amazes me all the time!
I can’t wait to go back next year…I’m definitely planning on more days!
Share on Social
Essential Oils 101 ebook
Want to learn about essential oils and how to get started? Grab this free basic PDF.
Review of Essential Oil Diffusers – Plus diffuser seasonal recipes
Dairy Free, Gluten Free Eggnog
SANTA FE CHICKEN SALAD
SANTA FE CHICKEN SALAD
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 3 1x
- 5 5 oz skinless, boneless chicken breast
- 4 cups mixed greens
- .5 cup canned sweetcorn
- .5 diced red onion (chopped)
- 1 cup baby tomatoes (chopped)
- .5 cup dates (chopped)
- 2 limes
- 1 avocado
Chicken Spice Rub
- 3/4 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp powdered garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp powdered onion powder
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp ground allspice
- 1/8 tsp salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tsp honey or agave
- 1 garlic clove (crushed)
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander leaf
- pinch Salt & Pepper
- Preheat the BBQ grill.
- Mix the chicken rub spices together in a small bowl. Rub on both sides of the chicken breasts with a spoon or with your hands.
- Place the chicken on the grill for 5-8 minutes on each side. The chicken is done when the internal temperature reaches 165°F (75°C).
- While the chicken is cooking put 2 cups of greens into two separate bowls. Chop the onion, dates and baby tomatoes and divide equally into each bowl. Drain and rinse the sweetcorn from the can and measure out ¼ cup for each bowl.
- Slice the avocado in half, remove the pit, peel off skin and slice. Cut the lime in ½ and squeeze the juice onto the avocados to stop them from browning.
- To make the dressing, finely chop the coriander and garlic. Juice the limes to measure out ⅛ of a cup. Mix the oil, lime juice, garlic, coriander and honey, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Slice the cooked chicken and place on top of the salad. Pour the dressing over the two bowls. Serve immediately with an extra lime wedge and some fresh coriander.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: dinner, lunch, Salad
Making pancakes healthy and fun!
Healthy Green Pancakes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- 1 3/4 cups Almond Milk (or any milk of your choice)
- 1 egg
- 1 ripe banana, coarsely chopped
- 3 oz spinach
- 2 cups self-rising flour (I used Namaste)
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup coconut yogurt to serve
- 1 cup seasonal fruit, to serve
- Place the milk, egg, banana and spinach into a blender and blitz until smooth.
- Combine the flour, sugar and baking soda in a large bowl. Make a well in the centre, and add the smoothie mixture. Whisk until well combined and a smooth batter has formed. Cover and set aside for 30 minutes to rest.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium-low heat and brush it with a little coconut oil. Pour ¼ cup (60ml) of the batter into the pan, and cook for 1-2 minutes or until bubbles appear on the surface. Then flip the pancake and cook for a further 1 minute on the other side, or until lightly coloured. Repeat this process with the remaining batter to make 16 pancakes.
- Divide the pancakes among the serving plates (4 per serving). Top with yogurt and fruit to serve.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Calories: 398
- Fat: 4
- Carbohydrates: 86
- Fiber: 14
- Protein: 7
Leave a Comment