The Gluten Free & Allergen Friendly Expos are now called Nourished Festivals. In addition to our Gluten-Free & Nut-Free sections, they are adding Paleo, Keto & Plant-Based zones. Even in these new sections, all products at the Festival are still gluten-free!
Every year I look forward to this festival because I always discover great products!
What do you get with your Expo Ticket?
- Entry into the vendor fair with over 100’s brands
- Valuable coupons at the vendor booths
- Samples from the vendors are considered to be gluten-free
- Discounted products available for purchase
- Informative classes related to the gluten-free and allergen-friendly lifestyle
- Free reusable bag to carry your goodies
- Meet your favorite vendors, authors, and bloggers
This year again I am honored to be one of the official bloggers for the event! I’m so excited to be able to give out some FREE one-day passes!!!
The Nourished Festival is going to be in Schaumburg June 1-2, 2019 at the Schaumburg Convention Center.
You can buy tickets through this link. Get your discounted tickets to the Schaumburg Nourished Festival, use code EARLYBIRD for 30% off thru 4/30/19. Use code ADVANCE for 20% off thru 5/31/19.
Would you like a chance to win a pair of free tickets? Comment on this Facebook post.
Share on Social
Grab your Free Gluten Free Recipe Pack
Discover 45 easy, healthy, and tasty recipes, including breakfast, lunch, dinner, treats and smoothies!
Tandoori Bowl – Quick and Easy Weeknight recipe
Dairy Free, Gluten Free Eggnog
SANTA FE CHICKEN SALAD
- 5 5 oz skinless, boneless chicken breast
- 4 cups mixed greens
- .5 cup canned sweetcorn
- .5 diced red onion (chopped)
- 1 cup baby tomatoes (chopped)
- .5 cup dates (chopped)
- 2 limes
- 1 avocado
Chicken Spice Rub
- 3/4 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp powdered garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp powdered onion powder
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp ground allspice
- 1/8 tsp salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tsp honey or agave
- 1 garlic clove (crushed)
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander leaf
- pinch Salt & Pepper
- Preheat the BBQ grill.
- Mix the chicken rub spices together in a small bowl. Rub on both sides of the chicken breasts with a spoon or with your hands.
- Place the chicken on the grill for 5-8 minutes on each side. The chicken is done when the internal temperature reaches 165°F (75°C).
- While the chicken is cooking put 2 cups of greens into two separate bowls. Chop the onion, dates and baby tomatoes and divide equally into each bowl. Drain and rinse the sweetcorn from the can and measure out ¼ cup for each bowl.
- Slice the avocado in half, remove the pit, peel off skin and slice. Cut the lime in ½ and squeeze the juice onto the avocados to stop them from browning.
- To make the dressing, finely chop the coriander and garlic. Juice the limes to measure out ⅛ of a cup. Mix the oil, lime juice, garlic, coriander and honey, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Slice the cooked chicken and place on top of the salad. Pour the dressing over the two bowls. Serve immediately with an extra lime wedge and some fresh coriander.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: dinner, lunch, Salad