So I was looking through some recipes of what I should make tonight and there was one for a steak and avocado salad, of course, the one I found had a bunch of stuff I couldn’t eat so I changed it up a bit. I used a few of my Wildtree spices and marinated some steaks with Roasted Garlic Grape Seed Oil (GSO) and some Memphis Rub for about 45 mins (go longer if you have the time).
I pan-fried them in a little more grapeseed oil, in a deep pan to help keep the splatter down 🙂 The time will depend on your steak thickness and I always use a thermometer to be sure I have it right.
After frying them I let them rest for about 5 minutes and while I was waiting I mixed up all the greens with some more GSO and lime juice. Used iceberg lettuce because that is what I had in the house but I think romaine or arugula would work better.
I placed everything on the plate and then added some shredded Goat Cheese on the top. The combo of the garlic with onion and chewy tomatoes was awesome.
Steak and Avocado Salad
- 2 - 8 oz Sirloin Steaks
- 2 tsp Oil I used a mix of the Roasted Garlic GSO and some Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Sun Dried Tomatoes
- 2 large leaves of Basil Chopped
- 1 tbls Wildtree Roasted Garlic Grape Seed Oil
- 1/4 of a small onion sliced thin
- 1 tbls Lime juice
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- shredded goat cheese
- Marinade the steaks in the oil and Memphis Dry rub for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat 2 tsp of Oil in a pan and cook the steaks for 5 mins each side (more if they are thick steaks)
- When steaks are finished take them out of the pan and let them rest for 5 mins.
- Meanwhile mix salad ingredients and toss lightly.
- Cut the steak against the grain and place on plate.
- Top with shredded goat cheese if desired
Share on Social
How Toxic is your home?
Grab this free worksheet and see your score