SANTA FE CHICKEN SALAD
- 5 5 oz skinless, boneless chicken breast
- 4 cups mixed greens
- .5 cup canned sweetcorn
- .5 diced red onion chopped
- 1 cup baby tomatoes chopped
- .5 cup dates chopped
- 2 limes
- 1 avocado
Chicken Spice Rub
- 3/4 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp powdered garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp powdered onion powder
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp ground allspice
- 1/8 tsp salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tsp honey or agave
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander leaf
- pinch Salt & Pepper
- Preheat the BBQ grill.
- Mix the chicken rub spices together in a small bowl. Rub on both sides of the chicken breasts with a spoon or with your hands.
- Place the chicken on the grill for 5-8 minutes on each side. The chicken is done when the internal temperature reaches 165°F (75°C).
- While the chicken is cooking put 2 cups of greens into two separate bowls. Chop the onion, dates and baby tomatoes and divide equally into each bowl. Drain and rinse the sweetcorn from the can and measure out ¼ cup for each bowl.
- Slice the avocado in half, remove the pit, peel off skin and slice. Cut the lime in ½ and squeeze the juice onto the avocados to stop them from browning.
- To make the dressing, finely chop the coriander and garlic. Juice the limes to measure out ⅛ of a cup. Mix the oil, lime juice, garlic, coriander and honey, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Slice the cooked chicken and place on top of the salad. Pour the dressing over the two bowls. Serve immediately with an extra lime wedge and some fresh coriander.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Share on Social
How Toxic is your home?
Grab this free worksheet and see your score
Free Meal Plan: 40+ healthy recipes, shopping list and meal plan
[VIDEO] My Backyard Garden Tour update | July 2021
https://youtu.be/T1oEoWnln-8 Gardening season is here! There is nothing like heading out to the garden and being able to pick your own fresh organic vegetables. This...
[VIDEO] My Garden Tour 2021 | How I keep my chickens out of the garden | VLOG
https://youtu.be/RZe9RS4xglA I'm so excited for Garden season. This year my little garden received some improvements that I am so excited for! See how I...
[VIDEO] How I made an indoor grow light garden set up on the cheap 2021
https://youtu.be/CYIwYk_dXCU There are so many great pretty grow light systems out there but they are so expensive and not in my budget so here...