- 5 5 oz skinless, boneless chicken breast
- 4 cups mixed greens
- .5 cup canned sweetcorn
- .5 diced red onion (chopped)
- 1 cup baby tomatoes (chopped)
- .5 cup dates (chopped)
- 2 limes
- 1 avocado
Chicken Spice Rub
- 3/4 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp powdered garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp powdered onion powder
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp ground allspice
- 1/8 tsp salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tsp honey or agave
- 1 garlic clove (crushed)
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander leaf
- pinch Salt & Pepper
- Preheat the BBQ grill.
- Mix the chicken rub spices together in a small bowl. Rub on both sides of the chicken breasts with a spoon or with your hands.
- Place the chicken on the grill for 5-8 minutes on each side. The chicken is done when the internal temperature reaches 165°F (75°C).
- While the chicken is cooking put 2 cups of greens into two separate bowls. Chop the onion, dates and baby tomatoes and divide equally into each bowl. Drain and rinse the sweetcorn from the can and measure out ¼ cup for each bowl.
- Slice the avocado in half, remove the pit, peel off skin and slice. Cut the lime in ½ and squeeze the juice onto the avocados to stop them from browning.
- To make the dressing, finely chop the coriander and garlic. Juice the limes to measure out ⅛ of a cup. Mix the oil, lime juice, garlic, coriander and honey, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Slice the cooked chicken and place on top of the salad. Pour the dressing over the two bowls. Serve immediately with an extra lime wedge and some fresh coriander.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: dinner, lunch, Salad
Share on Social
Essential Oils 101 ebook
Want to learn about essential oils and how to get started? Grab this free basic PDF.
Sweet Potato Chicken Pesto Pizza
Whether you are looking for a quick snack or a delicious lunch this recipe hits the spot! These also make a great healthy appetizer for...
Creamy Broccoli Salad with Bacon
Easy and quick bacon and broccoli salad. Great for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or even a side to bring to a party! Only 10 mins to...
Dairy Free, Gluten Free Eggnog
**Read all the way to the end to get entered in a Christmas Giveaway!** Since going dairy and gluten-free, one of the things I have...
Vanilla Peach Muffins
Looking for a great Fall Muffin? Try these easy Vanilla Peach Muffins. https://www.youtube.com/embed/o7sP8hVKAv4 Print
Looking for more recipe ideas? Get my free meal...
- 1 medium peach (chopped)
- 1 1/2 cups 140g ground almonds
- 2 1/2 tbsp. coconut flour
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 eggs ( beaten)
- 4 tbsp. honey
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil (melted)
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a muffin tin with paper muffin liners or use silicone muffin cases.
- In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients, and in a separate bowl, mix together the wet ingredients.
- Fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix with a spatula until well combined. Add in the chopped peach and mix again.
- Evenly distribute the mixture between the 12 muffin cases. Place in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes until golden and an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove the muffins from the oven and place on a wire cooling rack for 10 minutes before removing from the liner.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Fat: 10
- Carbohydrates: 10
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 4