The holidays are here! And that usually means not eating a balanced meal. Stay ahead of it by meal planning and using quick, easy to make healthy recipes like the one below.
Next week I will give a walk-through on how I meal plan for two weeks in under an hour! Check below for a free meal plan, recipes and shopping list to get you started!Print
- 4 zucchini, spiralised
- 1 lb chicken breast, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp green pesto
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- fresh basil, to serve
- chili flakes, to serve
- salt and pepper
- Make zucchini noodles using spiralizer or a vegetable peeler.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and place the chicken in the pan for 8-10 minutes, ensuring it is cooked all over. Once the chicken is cooked through, transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Next, cook the zoodles. In the same pan, add the remaining tablespoon of oil, pesto, tomatoes and zucchini noodles. Stir well, until the zoodles are coated with the pesto. Add the chicken back into the pan, along with the parmesan cheese and toss. Add more salt and pepper if necessary.
- Serve with fresh basil and chili flakes.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Main Course
- Calories: 338
- Fat: 31
- Carbohydrates: 11
- Protein: 32
Share on Social
Essential Oils 101 ebook
Want to learn about essential oils and how to get started? Grab this free basic PDF.
Sweet Potato Chicken Pesto Pizza
Creamy Broccoli Salad with Bacon
Dairy Free, Gluten Free Eggnog
Vanilla Peach Muffins
- 1 medium peach (chopped)
- 1 1/2 cups 140g ground almonds
- 2 1/2 tbsp. coconut flour
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 eggs ( beaten)
- 4 tbsp. honey
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil (melted)
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a muffin tin with paper muffin liners or use silicone muffin cases.
- In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients, and in a separate bowl, mix together the wet ingredients.
- Fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix with a spatula until well combined. Add in the chopped peach and mix again.
- Evenly distribute the mixture between the 12 muffin cases. Place in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes until golden and an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove the muffins from the oven and place on a wire cooling rack for 10 minutes before removing from the liner.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Fat: 10
- Carbohydrates: 10
- Fiber: 2
- Protein: 4