Who doesn’t love Reece’s Peanut Butter Cups? But well are Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups gluten-free? That is a good question, after a search on the interwebs I have seen a few yes’s and a few no’s. On Reese’s website, it says see package. The few packages I have seen do say they are, but they are not dairy-free. As always, I would read the package to be sure… things often change. In any case, the store-bought cups are not in the least bit healthy so I decided to come up with a top 8 allergen-free homemade peanut butter cup recipe that is pretty close and delish!
So you are going to need: honey, coconut oil, palm sugar, coconut flour, Chocolate chips, salt and SunButter.
This time I used these chips from Equal Exchange. I found them at Target and they are top 8 allergen-free. I went with the semi-sweet but next time I would probably use the dark chocolate. These seem really soft and melt very fast in your hands 🙂
I melted the chips and coconut oil in this Wilton Candy melt pot if you don’t have one of these you can use a double boiler.
Then I lined a mini muffin pan with paper cups and filled the bottoms with the melted chocolate. I placed them in the freezer so they would harden faster.
You could also use silicone regular muffin cups if you wish larger cups.
While those were hardening I put the filling ingredients in the food processor and mixed them.
I took the hardened chocolate out of the freezer and then filled the cups with the filling mixture. Topped them with more chocolate and placed back in the freezer to harden.
I would keep these in the fridge, they seem to melt quick but they are delicious! Much healthier than the store-bought stuff!
Faux Peanut Butter Cups
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Melt the Chips and coconut oil together in a double boiler or a Wilton Candy Melter.
- Fill the bottom of cups. Use either silicone cupcake forms or mini muffing pan with papers. Then place in the freezer to harden. Use only half of the chocolate mixture.
- Put all the ingredients for the filling all in a food processor and mix up.
- Once the bottoms are hardened, take them out and place some of the filling in them. Leave room so you can top with more chocolate.
- Top with Choclate and then place in refrigerator or freezer to harden.
Share on Social
Essential Oils 101 ebook
Want to learn about essential oils and how to get started? Grab this free basic PDF.