Who doesn’t love Reece’s Peanut Butter Cups? But well are Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups gluten-free? That is a good question, after a search on the interwebs I have seen a few yes’s and a few no’s. On Reese’s website, it says see package. The few packages I have seen do say they are, but they are not dairy-free. As always, I would read the package to be sure… things often change. In any case, the store-bought cups are not in the least bit healthy so I decided to come up with a top 8 allergen-free homemade peanut butter cup recipe that is pretty close and delish!
So you are going to need: honey, coconut oil, palm sugar, coconut flour, Chocolate chips, salt and SunButter.
This time I used these chips from Equal Exchange. I found them at Target and they are top 8 allergen-free. I went with the semi-sweet but next time I would probably use the dark chocolate. These seem really soft and melt very fast in your hands 🙂
I melted the chips and coconut oil in this Wilton Candy melt pot if you don’t have one of these you can use a double boiler.
Then I lined a mini muffin pan with paper cups and filled the bottoms with the melted chocolate. I placed them in the freezer so they would harden faster.
You could also use silicone regular muffin cups if you wish larger cups.
While those were hardening I put the filling ingredients in the food processor and mixed them.
I took the hardened chocolate out of the freezer and then filled the cups with the filling mixture. Topped them with more chocolate and placed back in the freezer to harden.
I would keep these in the fridge, they seem to melt quick but they are delicious! Much healthier than the store-bought stuff!
faux Peanut Butter Cups – nut free, daily and gluten free
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Melt the Chips and coconut oil together in a double boiler or a Wilton Candy Melter.
- Fill the bottom of cups. Use either silicone cupcake forms or mini muffing pan with papers. Then place in the freezer to harden. Use only half of the chocolate mixture.
- Put all the ingredients for the filling all in a food processor and mix up.
- Once the bottoms are hardened, take them out and place some of the filling in them. Leave room so you can top with more chocolate.
- Top with Choclate and then place in refrigerator or freezer to harden.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cuisine: dessert, snack
Keywords: gluten free
Share on Social
Grab your Free Gluten Free Recipe Pack
Discover 45 easy, healthy, and tasty recipes, including breakfast, lunch, dinner, treats and smoothies!