I came up with this creation one Sunday morning. It was one of those mornings where I looked around and we were out of our usual breakfast items. We do have a grocery store just a half-mile from us so I could have easily gone and retrieve a few things but it was a freaking freezing -5 degrees out and well I wasn’t going anywhere.
So after raiding the freezer and fridge here is what I came up with. This became an easy and quick breakfast solution that was delicious and gluten-free!Print
Easy and Quick Breakfast solution – Potato Towers
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Potato Patties
- 2 Italian Sausage Links
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1/2 small onion
- pinch of salt
- pinch of pepper
- pinch Wildtree Mediterranean Dry Rub
- sliced grape tomatoes
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Heat up the patties in one pan.
- In another pan mix sausage, red pepper, onion, salt, pepper and Mediterranean Dry Rub. Crumble the sausage and heat until cooked through.
- Place the cooked patties on a plate, top with sausage mixture and then top with tomatoes and cheese.
- OPTIONAL: For my husband I also made a gravy for his by mixing some flour, water and pepper.
- Category: Breakfast
Note: The potato patties I use are the Peapod brand and they are gluten-free, but sure to check because not all are GF. Peapod is a grocery delivery service, I use them all the time because they have a great selection of organic and gluten-free products.
Share on Social
Essential Oils 101 ebook
Want to learn about essential oils and how to get started? Grab this free basic PDF.
This looks great! I’m always looking for something new for weekend breakfasts. I’m going to have to try this! Thanks for sharing with us on the Momma Told Me Link Party. Come back soon!