Easy and quick bacon and broccoli salad. Great for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or even a side to bring to a party! Only 10 mins to make.
If you are not a fan of pomegranate, try swapping it out for dried cranberries.Print
- 1 cup Greek Yogurt
- 4 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 clove Garlic
- salt and pepper
- 1 Broccoli head (cut into bite-size florets)
- 1 pomegranate (seeded)
- 1/3 cup almonds (chopped)
- 1/2 small red onion
- 6 bacon rashers
- Place all the ingredients for the salad dressing into a medium sized bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper, give a good stir to combine and set aside until needed.
- Bring a pot of water to boil and cook the broccoli florets for 3-4 minutes, until just tender, then rinse in cold water, drain and place in a serving bowl.
- Cook the bacon on a dry, non-stick pan over medium heat until brown and crispy. Set aside to cool, then break into smaller pieces.
- Add the pomegranate seeds, almonds, onion and crispy bacon to the serving bowl. Drizzle with the salad dressing and mix until well combined. To serve, season with freshly ground black pepper.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Salad
- Calories: 267
- Fat: 16
- Carbohydrates: 20
- Fiber: 6
- Protein: 13
Keywords: gluten free
Share on Social
Essential Oils 101 ebook
Want to learn about essential oils and how to get started? Grab this free basic PDF.
SANTA FE CHICKEN SALAD
- 5 5 oz skinless, boneless chicken breast
- 4 cups mixed greens
- .5 cup canned sweetcorn
- .5 diced red onion (chopped)
- 1 cup baby tomatoes (chopped)
- .5 cup dates (chopped)
- 2 limes
- 1 avocado
Chicken Spice Rub
- 3/4 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp powdered garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp powdered onion powder
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp ground allspice
- 1/8 tsp salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tsp honey or agave
- 1 garlic clove (crushed)
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander leaf
- pinch Salt & Pepper
- Preheat the BBQ grill.
- Mix the chicken rub spices together in a small bowl. Rub on both sides of the chicken breasts with a spoon or with your hands.
- Place the chicken on the grill for 5-8 minutes on each side. The chicken is done when the internal temperature reaches 165°F (75°C).
- While the chicken is cooking put 2 cups of greens into two separate bowls. Chop the onion, dates and baby tomatoes and divide equally into each bowl. Drain and rinse the sweetcorn from the can and measure out ¼ cup for each bowl.
- Slice the avocado in half, remove the pit, peel off skin and slice. Cut the lime in ½ and squeeze the juice onto the avocados to stop them from browning.
- To make the dressing, finely chop the coriander and garlic. Juice the limes to measure out ⅛ of a cup. Mix the oil, lime juice, garlic, coriander and honey, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Slice the cooked chicken and place on top of the salad. Pour the dressing over the two bowls. Serve immediately with an extra lime wedge and some fresh coriander.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: dinner, lunch, Salad